Information for the year 2013
Division 1 champions Islanders A clinched the double with a 24 shot victory against Horsehay A who had remained undefeated in Division 1 this year. Full scores are here.
Madeley Cricket Club 'B' have won the Division 2 Knockout Cup with a close victory over Horsehay 'B' at Highley. Full scores are here.
Congratulations to Scott Harries & Rob Fuller (Islanders) and Reg Bennett & Ron Jarvis on winning the Division 1 and new Division 2 Doubles Trophies at Broseley Social Club. Details are on the Competitions page.
Congratulations to Tim Ealey (Islanders) and Richard Jones (Horsehay) on winning the Division 1 and 2 cups. Full results are on the Competitions page.
An Extraordinary General Meeting followed by a pre-season meeting are to be held on 19th March at Bridgnorth Bowling Club starting at 7.30pm.
The EGM is to vote on the two rule changes that were brought up at the AGM...
1. Jim Palmer Trophy, proposed by Ron Adams:
Open to all duly signed CMLF&L and Mistrat Boilers Highley League players who are currently playing or are past players not currently playing but are a registered member of a league club. Male or female.
2. Proposed by the Management Committee:
Amend rule 3 of the General Competition Rules to read
Competition rule one shall apply to all league competitions with the exemption of the Junior merit and ladies merit.
The pre-season meeting will follow the EGM, agenda as follows:
1. Introduction and Apologies.
2. Minutes of the last committee meeting held on 14th January 2013.
3. Matters Arising.
4. Chairman's Report including correspondence.
5. County Report.
6. League Structure for the 2013 season (fixtures to be released at a later date).
7. League division 2 singles & doubles competitions.
8. Presentation evening. Scheduled for Saturday November 16th at Bylet BC.